Monday, March 31, 2014

Color Run in Abu Dhabi

WARNING: Before you play this video, turn down the volume on your device. It's loud.



About five minutes after this life-changing moment was captured on digital film by my wife, we both looked at each other and sort of raised the top of our palms up in the air like, "Now what?"

I guess we had a good time...

Sure there were lots of color, some loud music at the end and we got to run around the Formula One track on Yas Island. That was fun and all but I guess the whole experience was really summed up later that evening when Miranda and I chatted over a beer about what had taken place.

Miranda: Did you have fun?
Aaron: Yeah, it was pretty fun.
M: Would you do it again?
A: Ehhh, probably not. After doing it once, I can't imagine why I would want to do it again. Kind of a one-and-done event, you know? Cross it off the list. We got it under our belt.








Look, it was smiles all around and I'm not trying to be negitive here but...

What is the point of these Color Runs?

Sure, a lot of people that do not normally exercise probably got out there and moved their ass a little bit. Hey, that's great.

But the organisers kept yelling that this was the happiest 5K in the world!

I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but besides people throwing some color chalk on you, how is it that different from any other typical 5K run? Why do our emotions need to be thrown into the situation??

It's not like it was a charity event. Oh wait a second, I did read that a whopping $1 out of every $38 registration fee went toward some Smile Foundation that I've never heard of. So I guess we were out there for a cause. Kind of.

What did all that money go toward? The race T-shirts? The colorful chalk? Or did it go to pay the depressed crew of day laborers that had to brave the mid-day sun and sweep up a huge, colorful mess that more 6,000 people left behind? Sigh...

It's obvious where they got the idea:



I think this whole Color Run fad will die down pretty soon. The company running them should try to do as many as possible because the concept will get old pretty fast.

Plus, it's been like three days and there is still color on my legs and arms. When does this stuff actually come off? I shower quite regularly. Really, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? The floor is yours...
Leave your comments here.